Saturday, March 23, 2013

Spring Break

Last week we ventured out to Big Bend National Parl for spring break, it was our third trip out there and it was just as amazing and beautiful as our first two trips.  That place never ceases to amaze me.

Here are a few of the places in the park we visited:

Emory Peak














Balanced Rock


The Window



















Black Gap Road













Santa Elena Canyon















Of course we stayed at our favorite place the Stillwell Ranch.  Originally owned by Roy Stillwell and his wife Hallie Crawford Stillwell, it is very convenient, located just a few miles from the entrance to the national park.  They have showers and real flushing toilets, not a luxury to be taken for granted in a place like Big Bend.


I brought some neat goodies back from the park this trip.  I found these two really nifty bar towels made by Catstudio.  I purchased the one for Texas and the one for Big Bend.  I hope to use them as medallions for future Round Robin quilts.  I haven't decided exactly how to use them yet though...any ideas are welcome.

Also, on the way back I got the oportunity to visit a few quilt shops in Austin. I visited Honey Bee quilts and A Quilter's Folly.  I really enjoyed both stores, each had a wonderful selection of fabrics as well as very friendly, knowledgeable staff.  Unfortunately I forgot to take my camera with me so I didn't get any pictures of the stores and their awesome selections of fabric.  If you're ever in Austin, stop by and visit the shops, you won't be disappointed.

Happy Trails,

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment